What is Deep Tissue massage ?
Deep Tissue masage is a massage technique that focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. It aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, either following or going across the fiber's of the muscles, tendons and fascia.
What are the Reasons To Get a Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massage is used to release chronic muscle tension through slower strokes and more direct deep pressure or friction applied across the grain of the muscles not with the grain. Deep tissue massage helps to break up and eliminate scar tissue. Deep tissue massage usually focuses on more specific areas and may cause some soreness during or right after the massage. However, if the massage is done correctly you should feel better than ever within a day or two.
Why get a Deep Tissue Massage?
- It feels good and it is beneficial to your health
- destress muscles
- unblock tense muscles to release oxygen and nutrients
- let go of build up of toxins in the muscle tissue
- loosen muscle tissues
- get blood and oxygen circulating properly.
Because many toxins are released, it's important to drink plenty of water after a deep-tissue session to help eliminate these toxins from the body.
What is the purpose of Deep Tissue Massage?
The benefits of a deep tissue Massage are:
- The purpose is to "unstick" the fibers of a muscle
- releasing deeply-held patterns of tension
- removing toxins
- while relaxing and soothing the muscle
- it is both corrective and therapeutic.